HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech PRN - Acute Surgical in Arlington, Texas
Medical City Arlington
Patient Care Tech PRN - Acute Surgical
Medical City Arlington is a JCAHO-accredited, full-service acute care hospital in south Arlington committed to providing the best care possible for each patient. It is the first certified Chest Pain Center and the first JCAHO-designated Primary Stroke Center in Tarrant County.
You can expect something special at Medical City Arlington. We believe each of us plays an important role in the health and wellness of the community we serve, and as an organization, support activities, programs and events that promote health and wellness. A proud community partner for close to 40 years, MCA is the place for quality care, close to home.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
BLS, issued by the American Heart Association certification required
- C.N.A. preferred
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred
- Previous experience preferred
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Tech PRN - Acute Surgical
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical City Arlington
Requisition ID: 00015-141561