Valero Technical Support Associate I in AMARILLO, Texas
Provides first level response, support, and resolution for customers, jobbers, dealers, and Fleet/Commercial credit card customers regarding store payment systems and hardware, merchant master records, merchant network profiles, and emergency issues. Responsible for troubleshooting, escalating, and seeking first call resolution for all issues called into the Branded Customer Technical Support Center. Handles various processes and functions of all Fleet/Commercial credit card accounts.
- Answers, resolves/redirects and documents all external and internal customer communications.
- Troubleshoots, documents, escalates, and resolves first call / first level customer service, Fleet and Commercial customer accounts, and store systems and equipment issues.
- Updates and maintains Fleet and Commercial customer accounts using FAMS and RAMS database systems.
- Updates and maintains merchant master records using RAMS database systems and merchant network profiles using First Data’s Client Line database.
- Maintains database using the call center problem management software.
- Acts as immediate source of feedback to supervisor and/or manager on problem resolution and trends.
- Processes an appropriate written/verbal response to customer communications carrying the issue from inception to resolution.
- Provides first call resolution on incoming store systems and equipment issues whenever possible.
- Distributes and receives retrieval requests on a daily basis.
- Balances merchant settlement reports on a daily basis.
- Mails out various reports on a daily basis.
- Assigns, obtains, and sets up necessary data relative to adding new locations to the credit network and the credit card system.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year customer service or call center experience preferred.
- Experience operating Point of Sale (POS) equipment preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Payment Service Center
The Valero Payment Service Center in Amarillo, Texas, has demonstrated a personal commitment to customer care for more than 70 years. Since its first days of operation, the center has become a highly efficient and effective facility providing customers with the best service in the payment acceptance industry. Valero Payment Services Company is responsible for payment card acceptance at Valero-branded wholesale locations. The Valero Payment Service Center and Valero’s wholly owned subsidiary DSRM National Bank in Albuquerque, N.M., provide full processing services for Valero-branded card products in the U.S. The Amarillo office also provides payment card processing services for all debit, prepaid, fleet and credit cards accepted at Valero locations.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-Amarillo
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 9:48:21 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001II