Airgas Usa LLC Plant Operator Technician I (Loader/Sorter) (Amarillo) in Amarillo, Texas
JOB SUMMARY: Sorts and loads empty/full cylinders from filling plant and are drivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, sorts and palletizes cylinders by size and product for efficient refilling and handling.
- Operates forklift and safely loads / unloads compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Performs visual inspections of empty cylinders. Hammers and odor tests empty cylinders as required.
- Reports any equipment or facility defects to supervisor.
- Completes activity / deficiency reports as required.
- Replaces safety valves on cylinders.
- Removes and replaces labels on cylinders as required.
- Complies with all state and federal laws and regulations and safety procedures.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other associates of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must possess valid forklift operator’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The associate must regularly move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Plant Operator Technician I (Loader/Sorter) (Amarillo)
Requisition ID: 21018