FirstService Residential Maintenance Assistant in Trinity, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operations and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean, aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition.
- Routinely inspects and communicates to immediate supervisor as applicable
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work
- Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment
- Maintains working relationship with community staff
- Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advise immediate supervisor.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building/community repairs as long as a permit is not required to do the job.
- Maintains records, prepares reports and other duties as assigned by manager.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalency preferred
Experience/Knowledge/Abilities: Two years general building/community maintenance experience is strongly preferred. Strong customer service, communication, time management and interpersonal skills required. Effective verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Computer literacy required; Some working knowledge of MS Office applications and willingness to learn and utilize Excel and Word program. Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours and weekends based on project requirement.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent. • 1 year cook / chef experience. • 1 year food and beverage experience. • Must know and comply with Alcohol and Beverage Control (ABC) laws and requirements. • Must be able to work a flexible schedule. • Ability to multi task effectively and efficiently with strong attention to detail. • Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, members and other stakeholders. • Must be able to handle pressure and deadlines related to the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled