USAA Senior Risk Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS or any special characters. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
The Sr Risk Analyst provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
This role supports overall governance/regulatory support for the Bank Senior Risk Office.
We are currently seeking a talented Sr Risk Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced knowledge. Presents findings to various levels of leadership. Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice. Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization. Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- 6+ years related risk management experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline OR 4+ additional years of related experience (quantitative discipline relevant to risk management ) beyond the minimum required experience in lieu of a degree.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2+ years Banking background (Industry-related experience in credit fulfillment, finance, bank operations, or product management)
- 3+ years experience managing large scale projects to include formal project management experience and/or training
- 2+ years advanced experience in creating executive and board level briefings using various tools such as Power Point and/or Adobe Suite
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; specifically Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience creating, managing and documenting complex processes to include process engineering experience
- Experience in a control environment such as internal audit or compliance
- Experience drafting communication on behalf of executive management
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
*Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/24/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Senior Risk Analyst TX-San Antonio R0010137