USAA Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst - Market Risk for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Sr Quantitative Risk Analyst conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness. Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making. May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures. Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross-functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline AND 5+ years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline AND 4+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline AND 2+ years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Extensive work experience in market and/or liquidity risk management in a trading/investment management/capital market environment, and/or solid ALM experience at mid-sized or large banks, or insurance companies
- Strong product knowledge in at least one asset class (Rates, Credit, Equities, Securitized Products, Derivatives, etc.) or good product knowledge across a diverse range of investment products
- Prior market risk governance experience in (A). Establishing and exercising controls surrounding risk measurement, risk limits, monitoring and escalation, and regulatory risk reporting; AND (B). Representing market risk in various levels of corporate committees, managing calendar, agenda, presentation materials, and meeting minutes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate in-depth risk discussions with first-line business managers/leaders and present risk strategies/recommendations to senior management
- Strong project management/prioritization skills to drive a cross-functional team in a highly collaborative environment
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative discipline, or post graduate qualifications within relevant fields such as CFA, FRM, and actuarial designations
- High proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel (incl. VBA), Access (or SQL), and PowerPoint
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/12/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst TX-San Antonio R0012670