USAA Director in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
The Director of Process Excellence (DPX) is a strategic partner responsible for consistently executing Process Excellence (PX) strategy within an organization or across the Enterprise. Directly manages individual contributors and/or people-managers. Performs workload management and prioritization duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned. Applies subject-matter-expert functional knowledge to lead subordinate workers in producing work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives. Identifies opportunities and facilitates major improvements to processes and systems. Develops functional policies, procedures and guidelines. Performs complex tasks under minimal supervision and has discretion to deviate from established procedures and guidelines. Serves in an advanced managerial capacity and has responsibility for performance management and professional development activities for subordinate workers.
We are currently seeking talented Director Process Excellence for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Acts in an advisory capacity to executive management on operational excellence including development of relevant business objectives, metrics and tactics. Communicates opportunities that enable business units to thrive and achieve USAA mission and vision.
- Works to optimize the performance of managed resources relative to the objectives. Facilitates and ensures achievement of root-cause analysis, process improvements and/or prioritization of work efforts.
- Drives improvement in and ensures the quality of related practices to continually increase the value to the association. Ensures the adoption of relevant discipline standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Builds relationships within business unit and across the enterprise to enable cooperative achievement of common goals.
- Manages a team of professionals through employee selection, coaching and development, and performance management. Directs work assignments and provides guidance and training.
- Competencies: Collaborate, analyze issues, make decisions, drive for results, focus on customers, demonstrate adaptability, Write and speak effectively, Influence others, Active Listening
- Bachelor's Degree OR at least 4 additional years of directly related work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of experience practicing and/or leading resources to enhance business performance by designing and implementing business solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in direct team lead or management experience
- Green Belt certification which required successful implementation of a process related project that solved a business problem/improved business performance
- Subject-matter-expert understanding of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products.
- Subject-matter-expert understanding of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5-10 years Agile execution experience - Scrum, Kanban, or agile at scale
- 5+ years leading & developing teams, including virtual or distributed teams
- 5-10 years Business Process Management
- 5-10 years Lean manufacturing, logistics or materials management
- Excellent written and communication skills
Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/21/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
IMPORTANT: External Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Director TX-San Antonio R0012502