HSS Inc Security Officer- Part Time- Midnights in Round Rock, Texas
Provide direct security and related public services
· Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas
· Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations
· Escort persons and assist facility personnel
· Be alert for activities, which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property
· Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors
· Comprehend and fulfill written or verbal instructions
· Write accurate, clear, and legible reports
· Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff members
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities
· Enforce and abide by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS
· Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security leader or Facility Security Representative
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree
License/Certification: Obtain applicable jurisdictional security license(s; may require motor vehicle drivers license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment with HSS. Ability to obtain client/contract specific licenses or certifications which may include, but is not limited to, CPR/First Aid, NRA, IAHSS, etc.
Experience: Prefer experience in dealing with the public in a service setting
Read, write, and speak English language; able to write routine reports and correspondence; possess basic computer skills; meet applicable license requirements; observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Sat - Sun: 23:00 to 07:00
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Sat - Sun: 23:00 to 07:00
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled