Marriott Franchised Housekeeping Manager in Pflugerville, Texas
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply via Email at: BRETT.SANDY@MARRIOTT.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Harrell Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Purpose for the Position: To manage all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction. Includes rooms, laundry, public areas, department storage areas and work areas. Hold a high expectation for cleanliness, appearance, and organization.
- Supervises housekeeping and laundry staff: Hiring, terminating, performance evaluations, training and development.
- Assists General Manager in the development of the annual budget, and monitors performance against plan.
- Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, linen inventories and cleaning supplies.
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Maintains room quality based on hotel objectives.
- Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas,laundry, restrooms and public areas by inspecting quality and accuracy.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of guest rooms to front desk.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Maintains standard procedures for security of on loan equipment.
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Conducts inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensure compliance will all health and safety issues.
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Analyze and interpret established policies.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operation.
- Make business decisions based on productions reports and similar facts as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
- See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
- Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered ""inside"" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
- Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference.
- Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
- Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
- Write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Fluent in English and Spanish language preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Courtyard by Marriott
Requisition ID: 17001KMT