YMCA of Greater Houston Sports Assistant I in Pearland, Texas
Provides a positive and safe sporting environment that teaches and enforces game rules and regulations and focuses on youth development and healthy living.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values and character development model in to all program activities.
- Officiates and enforce game rules to the YMCA standards and philosophy.
- Ability to explain calls and rules to the coaches and players upon request.
- Conducts pre-game meeting with coaches.
- Creates a cohesive playing environment for participants as well as coaches.
- Ensures equal and fair play for each participant.
- Prepares playing field and equipment prior to event and properly secures playing fields and equipment following the event. Reports equipment problems promptly.
- Leads the Youth Sports Pledge, if applicable.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
- Reports all incidents and completes accident reports as necessary.
- Respond to member questions and concerns and provide feedback about the game as requested.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required.
1. Minimum age of 16 years.
2. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
3. Previous experience working with children in a sports setting preferred.
4. Previous experience with diverse populations.
Posting ID 79639851211
Job Category Sports