HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Expert in N Richland Hills, Texas
/Medical City North Hills/ /Clinical Nurse Expert/ / / /POSITION SUMMARY:/Clinical Nurse Expert (CNE) functions in the role of a departmental based generalist with advanced clinical skills who is responsible for the lateral integration of care and optimal patient outcomes in the Emergency Department setting. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the CNE monitors the clinical care of patients and uses advanced knowledge in the planning, delivery and evaluation of patient focused care. Incorporated within each of these role functions, the CNE is an outcomes manager, patient advocate, Expert (both patient/families and nursing staff), information manager and microsystems analyst. The CNE supports the mission, vision and values of the Medical City North Hills and the philosophy of the Emergency Department. The CNE as a resource person provides guidance by coordinating staff education opportunities, skills check off, mock codes, fire safety drills and other educational opportunities to nursing staff and non-licensed personnel within emergency services. Position will ensure retention through the coordination with HCA NTXD emergency internship program and assist in developing on going competencies for emergency services. The CNE will provide opportunities to develop interpersonal relationships necessary to be successful.
/JOB FUNCTIONS:/Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
· Performs or oversees the collection of holistic assessment and the development and implementation of a plan of care through partnership with care providers and the patient and patient family.
· Consults with physicians and other healthcare providers to communicate patient progress; participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
· On a daily basis delegates, supervises and evaluates the care given by others while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to patients.
· Identifies resources needed for optimal patient care, substantiates the need for resources and recommends items for budget.
· Current in evidence-based practice in clinical area of focus to facilitate quality outcomes.
· Writes or revises unit-based procedures and protocols to reflect the latest evidence
· Disseminates and implements latest evidence-based practices to nursing colleagues.
· Utilizes appropriate teaching principles and strategies to teach patient and family members.
· Provides formal and informal educational opportunities on the unit to improve clinical skills of all staff.
· Supports the clinical and professional development of colleagues through mentoring and role modeling.
· Holds membership in professional organization(s).
· Assists in collecting data on unit based patient outcome data including but not limited to NDNQI measures and Press Ganey results.
· Knowledgeable in the use of quality improvement methodologies. Conducts unit-based performance improvement initiatives to provide a safe environment for patients.
· Works with team members other leaders and physicians to develop and trend performance improvement indicators based on national standards and best practices.
· Knowledgeable of FEMA and root cause analysis methodology to evaluate system failures and patient safety practices.
· Reviews compliance with regulatory agencies related to patient safety including TJC, OSHA, CMS and others.
/POSITION REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS:/*Education: *Bachelors of Science in Nursing, required *Licensure/certification/registration:* RN, TNCC, PALS, ENPC, BLS, ACLS, CNE certification (6 month time frame to obtain)
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience working in related area of expertise
*Special Skills & Qualifications: *Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Clinical Nurse Expert
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-Medical City North Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-95451