HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - Seasonal Program - ER in McKinney, Texas
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
In pursuit of our mission, we believe the following value statements are essential and timeless:
· We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual.
· We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness.
· We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
· We act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
Paid Time Off
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Recognition Programs
Discounted tickets at many local attractions
Discounts to various retail stores and more….
RN / Registered Nurse *
Seasonal Position for: Emergency Room/ER *
Seasonal Program Runs October 1st, 2017 - May 12th, 2018 *
Rate: $55/hour *
Completion Bonus: Paid after the successful completion of 16 weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period.
- Work Schedule: PRN (must be flexible). * All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
Utilizing the standards set forth for Nursing Practice by the ANA, and ENA, the Emergency Room Registered Nurse will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department and fast track neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
· It will include individualized, family centered, holistic, supportive, and safe care.
· Utilized therapeutic communication in daily practice.
· Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect, and appreciations of their lifestyles, language, religion, and culture.
· Provide supervision of new employees, nurse technicians, student nurses’ or nurse interns.
· Support and promote an environment that is conducive to quality Customer Service.
· Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. High School graduate or GEDrequired .
Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider & SAMArequired .
Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course, TNCC & PALS within 6 months of hire will berequired . CEN, preferred.
Hospital/InpatientAcute Care experiencewithin the last 2 yearsrequired .
- Two years of Emergency Department experiencepreferred.
Strong communication skills in both oral and written format. Flexibility to intervene on a moment’s notice. Ability to problem-solve, and seek assistance from team members when necessary.
Must be flexible and service oriented.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - Seasonal Program - ER
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-95103