Texas Tech University Chief Analyst - Clinical Transformation in Lubbock, Texas
Chief Analyst - Clinical Transformation
Requisition ID 11283BR
Work Location Lubbock
Org Level 1 Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus HSC - Lubbock
Department Clinical Transformation Lbk
Position Description Performs specialized analytical duties in the operation and maintenance of assigned area. Responsibilities include collecting, analyzing and developing data relative to area, making recommendations and assisting in implementation of projects. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for independent judgement in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Chief Analyst is a first point of contact with the Clinical Transformation Help Desk.
• Excellent customer relation and organization skills are a must. The position requires excellent phone etiquette and the ability to work with frustrated customers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Providing phone and face-to-face support to end users
• Assisting end users with using the Cerner EHR and other enterprise applications
• Responding to service requests including password reset
• Prioritizing incidents based on end-user urgency and organizational impact
• Escalation of issues within the department as needed
• Ownership of incidents to ensure timely incident resolution
• Management of end-user relationships to ensure user satisfaction
• Accurately logging incident details and documenting resolutions
• Remotely connect to end user workstations to aid in troubleshooting of issues as needed
• Regularly monitoring incoming email, voicemail and other lower priority service request and failure channels
• Provide training and support to end users on Cerner applications
• Provide educational presentations as needed.
• Answer clinical/technical questions about the applications/systems to any group within potential, new or existing customer accounts as well as internal resources.
• After-hours work required as necessary for code upgrades, etc.
• Other duties as assigned. Other duties may include basic hardware troubleshooting or repair, basic computer operation tasks as assigned, creation of documentation for end users, and end user training.
• Occasional travel to other TTUHSC locations is required.
• Create projects for end users requests for the architecture team in the departmental project software.
Occasional Duties To perform this job successfully, an individual should minimally be comfortable and at ease with computer systems and have knowledge current Microsoft operating systems. An individual should also have basic understanding of the use and nature of computer hardware including networking basics.
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree required plus five years progressively responsible related experience.
Preferred Qualifications Experience in working with both MAC and PC systems and software.
Experience in working with Cerner and Powerchart
Experience working a service helpdesk.
EEO Statement As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Does this position work in a research laboratory? No
Required Attachments Cover Letter
Resume / CV
Optional Attachments Professional/Personal Reference
Job Type Full Time
Pay Basis Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate 4185.67
Pay Statement Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Travel Required Up to 25%
Schedule Details M-F 8-5 occaisonal weekend for upgrades only
Grant Funded? No
Job Group Clerical/Secretarial
Removal Date 08/07/2018