Lehigh Hanson Land Manager - Southwest Sub-Area in Katy, Texas
Line Of Business: Aggregates
Primary Location: Katy-TX
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Land Manager for our South Region, Southwest Sub-Area based in our Katy, TX Office.
This Land Manager will report to the VP/GM of Operations. The Land Manager will be responsible for supporting local management and customers when setting up tenant leases or land issues and the various plant sites.
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel across South Texas Area of Region South and spend a significant portion of time in an industrial environment.
The Land Manager opportunity is perfect for the professional who is looking to develop their career within a dynamic Aggregates leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
What you’ll get to do:
· Facilitate and manage land acquisitions, leases and other agreements including development and negotiation of agreements and maintenance of relationships.
· Manage land-related licensing, permitting and zoning processes in consultation with local Management and our corporate Land Management resources.
· Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all sites in North Texas Area of Region South and establish working relationship with Operations personnel and Region Environmental Management to help ensure compliance with and monitoring of local zoning activities and ordinance changes.
· Assist in the development of land-related capital requests and support other functional areas by compiling, entering and maintaining data and documents in the Land Information System (LIS).
Who we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A) or equivalent from four-year College or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in the cement, aggregates, building materials or land/resource management business.
· Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
· Must be self-motivated, fast-paced, able to work independently and multi-task, capable of completing tasks with tight deadlines.
· A working knowledge of state, regional, and federal organizations, processes, regulations and legislation affecting the cement, aggregate, building materials and related industry.
· Experience in effective public presentation and speaking, and interaction with elected government officials, staff, agencies and neighbors and community groups.
· Strong communication and project management skills. Ability to plan and lead projects that require interfaces with multiple stakeholders and differing levels of management.
· Strong demonstrated ability to work in an unsupervised environment.
· Demonstrated organization and coordination skills to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities and projects and meet delivery goals.
· High proficiency with all major and basic office computer technology systems and applications and internet-based systems for research, information, and resources. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and ARC-GIS is an essential asset.
· Willingness to travel across South Texas Area of Region South and spend a significant portion of time in an industrial environment.
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled