Microsoft Corporation Support Escalation Engineer in Irving, Texas
We are a diverse team delivering industry-leading services across the globe. We strive to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors, by helping them through our expertise to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. We are constantly exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices, and are proud to shape future technologies. We grow professionally through coaching from experienced mentors and through focused career development programs reaching into a wide range of opportunities.
As a Browser Technologies Support Escalation Engineer you:
• Will be accountable for providing outstanding technical and developmental support experiences to our Enterprise and ISV customers.
• Will own and manage your cases through the most appropriate channels (phone, e-mail and any other new modern tool), often from problem identification to full resolution.
• Will participate in various training sessions, and internal technical events as they become available.
• Will also be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one of more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
We are looking for people who:
• Have a passion for web technology.
• Have a willingness to adapt, evolve, and grow to meet the changing web landscape.
• Are willing to invest in themselves, their product, and their peers.
• Desire to contribute to the success of a diverse, multi-cultural, and global team.
• Appreciate the value of a team but can also work independently.
Basic Qualifications for this role include:
• 1+ years of C++, C# development experience
• 1+ year customer support experience
• Fluent in English (spoken and written) is mandatory
• Strong customer service, communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills ((2-3 years preferred)
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed, including evening or weekend shifts.
• Willingness to participate in a rotational On-Call schedule, to provide after-hours and critical support as needed
Technical Qualifications for this role include both fundamental and working knowledge of:
• The Windows client and server operating system platforms
• The Microsoft browser platform (Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer)
• Internet Explorer web APIs (1-2 years of development experience is preferred)
• C++, C# (minimum of 2-3 years development experience preferred)
• HTTP, HTTPS, and proxying
• TCP/IP networking
• Authentication / Authorization methodologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer service & support