YMCA of Greater Houston Program Assistant II - DBMY in Houston, Texas
Provides direction for the program and staff, and implements older youth and teen enrichment program curriculum for youth programs in the northwest area of Greater Houston.Provides a quality experience to youth and parents that focuses youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Implements club lesson/activity plans.
3. Supervises the youth, classroom, and all activities.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each youth.
5. Conducts and maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers.
6. Provide and lead club meetings.
7. Attends and participates in school events, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
1. Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements.The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has no requirements).
2. At least 21 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law).
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
4. Previous experience working with youth in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
6. Previous experience with diverse populations.
Data not provided
Posting ID 79640151602
Job Category Teens