Waste Management Manager, Strategic Sourcing II in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Our ideal candidate will possess five or more years of waste industry experience. In this role, the Manager, Strategic Sourcing, will manage and coordinates the procurement of materials, components, supplies, services, etc., These accountabilities are essential to the operation, ensuring that purchases be of the required quality and quantity, at the most economical costs, and of timely delivery.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing, will be based in Houston, TX.
This role reports directly to a Director of Supply Chain.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and participates in the procurement of materials, components, and services, ensuring price value and stability, consistent quality, and expeditious delivery.
- Guides, assists, and negotiates important or major purchasing contracts.
- Researches and develops competent suppliers of high quality components by overseeing and participating in the preparation of bids, proposals, or other informational requests. Evaluates requested materials and makes recommendations.
- Reviews and evaluates the relations of purchasing personnel with existing suppliers. Recommends methods of communications, problem resolution, or proposal planning. Contacts suppliers regarding large or recurring material problems and resolves issues.
- Oversees and participates in the general development of testing and evaluation techniques used to evaluate the quality of supplier material and operations.
- Oversees and participates in the liaison with other departments regarding technical product changes and problems, required adjustments, future strategic objectives, etc.
- Participates in the development and implementation of systems which measure, track, and analyze supplier and material effectiveness, price, and reliability.
- Works with other department managers to develop factors to be considered and results to be used.
- Participates in the research, development, and design of long-range strategic objectives. Works with other departmental managers in the laying out and
- planning of potential future operational changes.
- Participates in and coordinates internal programs, such as communications, vacation schedules, job analysis and evaluation, employee performance reviews, wage administration, etc.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Currently this role has no supervisory responsibilities, however, there will be a potential to provide supervision to 1-3 employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, and seven to ten years previous experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Manager, Strategic Sourcing II
Requisition ID: 17012081