C&J Energy IT Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Company/Department: Information Systems
The IT Business Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The business analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community. The business analyst will report into an applications group in the Information Systems department.
Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Business Analysts work with senior team members to support IT projects. Roles may vary from requirement gathering, custom business process development, and overall IT project support.
Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst Job Duties:
- Understanding the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Facilitating the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying the current and future-state business processes.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables.
- Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands .
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with project leaders, business analysts and users to understand business requirements and issues.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong drive, initiative, accountability and enthusiasm.
- Strong team player.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience in business analysis or application project management
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled