Calpine Engineering Technical Advisor III in Houston, Texas
Engineering Technical Advisor III
Subject to DOT Regulations
Engineering Technical Advisor III will provide a clear and continuous long term asset health assessment to Calpine plants, Outage Services and Engineering through the use of our advanced pattern recognition program PRiSM.
The candidate will provide support for Calpine's fleet of natural gas fired power plants, covering all aspects of plant operation. Responsibilities include the development of operational models, analysis of current models, and communication of results with
Outage Services, Engineering Organization, plant management and site personal. The candidate will provide presentations to upper management, develop trends for assessing and improving equipment conditions.
• Develop and maintain operational monitoring models for assessment of the natural gas fleet equipment.
• Assist plant managers and turbine maintenance staff in successfully monitoring plant operational trends and investigate any potential problems
• Assist Outage Solutions by providing trends and real time data for troubleshooting
• Communicate results and analysis with site, support services, and upper management
• Track ongoing issues
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· Senior-level; generally 5+ years direct active power plant experience.
· Expert knowledge of gas-fired combined cycle operations and major equipment particularly GE and Siemens gas turbines.
· Familiar with excel, word and powerpoint
· Familiarity with InStep's eDNA software
· Able to communicate clearly and concisely with site personnel, support services, and upper management
· Attractive backgrounds include Combined Cycle Operator Tech III, IC&E, DCS Technician, Mechanic, and/or plant engineering
· Ability to read site P&ID’s, control Logic as well as the site log book is a must
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP