AIG Application Architect & Governance Analyst - Application Security in Houston, Texas
Application Architect & Governance Analyst - Application Security
- Job ID #:
- Functional Area:
- Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
- Employment Type:
Full Time - Permanent
- Education Preferred:
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Relocation Provided:
Share via Networks
Refer a Friend
Apply with LinkedIn
Application Architect & Governance Analyst - Application SecurityThis is a hybrid role that combines Architecture, Governance, and Analysis to maintain security within our Applications. • Oversee integration analysis, internal and external system interfaces during development lifecycle (SDLC), including the final production acceptance review and signoff. Review functional specifications, create detailed design and technical specifications, configurations and oversee code development and unit and performance testing activities that handle internal and external integrations. Monitor and report progress on technical tasks and milestones.
• Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with requirements, technical design, development, testing, & releases are completed according to ADM guidelines.
• Working closely with the following parties:
o Engaging business stakeholders - for integration business requirements.
o Involving regional systems teams - Application, Infrastructure, Architecture, Testing, Security / Governance, Support Leads - for guidance, inputs and delivery on all aspects of systems delivery.
o Liaising and managing third party system developers, where applicable.
o Engaging Country systems teams, as necessary.
• Tracking and managing project progress, issues, risks from analysis through deployment.
• Partners with project manager to incorporate technical project status reports and communicates timely and accurate status information to project leaders.
• Is the primary point of contact for developing/maintaining integration architecture and design that maximizes flexibility, maintainability, scalability and reliability.
• Partner with business systems analysts to create technical solutions to support business processes, including suggestions for business process change. Responsible for bringing current market technology solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
• Work with technical and business experts to create and support optimal production and test environment solutions.
• Research and document production and test environments, data flows and architecture.
• Actively participate in product design and development meetings.
• Identify gaps in processes and services across production and test environments and develop remediation plans & guidelines as appropriate.
• Identify, evaluate and report on information security risks in a manner that meets the company’s legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
• Proactively and collaboratively work with department and regions to develop and implement procedures that meet defined policies and standards for information security management.
• Lead or assist in the review and handling of suspected and confirmed Security incidents.
• Has excellent interpersonal skills -- is able to work with both colleagues as well as external clients.
• Integrity and professionalism is beyond reproach -- often has to deal with sensitive and / or confidential information.
• The ideal candidate is an integrator of people and processes, an innovative leader, a problem solver, an effective consultant, and possesses solid domain competency in the field of application governance.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience). • 3 - 5 years of experience in Governance, Application Security, Architecture, Business Analysis, etc. • Security and Risk experience strongly desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, to both internal and external teams.
• Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Experienced in complex logical and physical system integrations, interfacing internal and external systems.
• Experience with Regional Delivery model to manage multiple service provider solutions spread across multiple countries will be an advantage.
• Experienced in complex software architecture design and software development project management.
• Knowledge of business workflows and products for one or more Solutions areas of growth.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to translate business processes into technical requirements and to design feasible solutions architecture
• Enterprise wide thinking; able to give end to end solutions.
• Hands-on experience of designing large scale solutions in line with business requirements.
• Hands-on experience in web services, XML technologies and message middleware.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate |