YMCA of Greater Houston After School Counselor I in Houston, Texas
Assist with providing quality childcare in after-school and/or preschool sites by teaching values, ensuring safety and facilitating structured play and educational activities with the children, in accordance with state requirements and YMCA policy. Assist with providing a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Distribution of snacks to children during snack time.
3. Assists children with homework.
4. Facilitates both formal and informal play within the center and outdoors.
5. Supervises children under the direction of the Site Lead.
6. Assists in creating daily/weekly lesson plans.
7. Collects data for daily reports and maintains program records.
8. Assists Site Lead and counselor(s) with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
9. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
10 Maintains positive relations with children, parents, school personnel, and other staff.
11 Acts as a role model to the children by exemplifying the YMCA’s five core values.
12 Makes sound decisions in alignment with YMCA and state standards.
13 Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
14 Assists the Site Lead where needed.9.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
6. Previous experience with diverse populations.
7. Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as required by the local or State Department of Health.
Posting ID 79639787058
Job Category Child Care-Before/After School