HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Pre Op / PACU in Fort Worth, Texas
Medical City Alliance
Registered Nurse – RN
Surgical Services - PreOp PACU
Full time - FT
Days with Rotating Call
Medical City Allianceis a 55-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women’s, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.
TheRegistered Nurse (RN) PreOp / PACUis responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Provides safe and effective care of the post-anesthesia patient, collaborating with nurse supervisors/managers, physicians, technicians, and allied health practitioners.
- Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following Nursing and Departmental P/P, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis, at regular and indicated intervals and following ASPAN guidelines
- educational needs; family/guardian expectation for and involvement in care are integral to process.
- Prioritizes and performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal patient outcome.
- Selects, applies, implement hospital approved care path, protocols, order sets.
- Administers medications using accurate calculations against age specific guidelines.
- Provides IV therapy.
- Uses specialized equipment, medications, and supplies safety and effectively, with adaptations according to patient age, size and developmental need.
- Achieves the expected patient outcomes or revises plan of care and implementation of care based on the results of the prescribed plan of care.
- Associate’s degree required; BSN preferred. BSN will be required within 3 years of employment.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire;
- Current BLS, ACLS required; PALS within 45 days.
- Professional Nursing Organization membership encouraged. Certification in nursing speciality preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Minimum of one year in a critical care area, preferably PACU.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Pre Op / PACU
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Medical Center Alliance
Requisition ID: 25121-91654