University of North Texas Health Science Center Instructional Designer in Fort Worth, Texas
The UNTHSC Center for Innovative Learning Goals: To help make UNTHSC the team of choice for education by:
1) Building communities, connections, and partnerships at UNTHSC. 2) Working closely with internal partners to advance and measure student success. 3) Sharing our research acumen and innovative practices to better understand the impact of technology on teaching. 4) Providing creative and intuitive learning design that is infused with technology. 5) Leading the initiative to create an interdisciplinary teaching scholars program.
The UNTHSC Center for Innovative Learning Vision: To be extraordinary leaders of effective innovations in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
The UNTHSC Center for Innovative Learning Mission: Advance transformative educational experiences
The Center for Innovative Learning Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Instructional Designer to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Representative Tasks: * Create and revise face to face and online curriculum in accordance with sound instructional design principles and Quality Matters standards. * Support faculty in collaborative program review, assessment, and improvement processes. * Present faculty development workshops to campus faculty and staff members. * Aid faculty in troubleshooting curricular challenges. * Assist in developing project timelines and schedules meetings with faculty and content experts during the design process. * Manage course revisions in collaboration with development team, including program chairs, subject matter experts, librarians, media designer, etc. * Define learning outcomes and create course assessments. * Determine appropriate instructional strategies and delivery technologies to meet objectives. * Assess constraints, audience characteristics, technical environment, budget, and other factors to determine the right media and technologies to deliver the learning. * Provide reports on progress and evaluation of curricular development.
Department Specific Responsibilities: * Develop innovative solutions that help to enhance the quality of education provided by UNTHSC faculty. * Provide faculty with assistance designing, developing, evaluating, and applying educational innovations. * Analyze industry standards for informing instructional design recommendations and curriculum modifications. * Assist faculty with updating and aligning course topics, objectives, and assignments to discipline-specific standards. * Develop and deliver professional faculty development sessions focused on instructional design. * Based on customer feedback, propose actions that promote or enhance customer satisfaction. * Assist in planning and setting goals for the Center for Innovative Learning (CIL).
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field and two years of experience as an instructional designer; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Doctoral degree.
- Teaching experience presenting to audiences of 10 or more learners.
- Experience in collaborating with faculty to develop and implement learning outcomes and use analytical tools to identify the pedagogical needs of courses.
- Experience designing, implementing, and presenting faculty development programs.
- Experience with emerging technologies (e.g. social media, mobile devices, Web 2.0 applications, learning analytics).
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in assessing student learning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Collaborative leadership style and team oriented.
- Healthcare education background or experience with healthcare providers.
- Three years of experience as an instructional designer (preferred higher education or healthcare related institution).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
The University of North Texas Health Science Center enjoys a smoke-free campus and is an EEO/Affirmative Action institution
Requisition Number: 5368
Job Title: Instructional Designer Instructional Designer
Quick Link: www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60318
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted: Main Form
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?: No
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?: No
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?: No
Security Sensitive?: Yes
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?: No
Require a certification?: No
Official Job Title: Instructional Designer
Job Open Date: 10-12-2017
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Job Category: Professions
Department: Center for Innov Learning - 300520