U.S. Army Medical Command Secretary (Office Automation) in Fort Sam Houston, Texas
About the Agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Position is located at Brooke Army Medical Center, Department of Clinical Operations, Fort Sam Houston, Texas. position provides administrative and clerical support to the Hospital Command Suite.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Provide comprehensive total health care in inpatient and outpatient services to a large active duty and retired military community.
- Provide administrative assistance and clerical office automation support to Chief of Department and several subordinate branches.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the office.
- Assist the various secretaries and professional staff throughout the departments, services, and sections on the correct procedures to follow regulations in accordance with established policies.
- Coordinate with other administrative personnel in the command group to assure adherence to appropriate protocol for distinguished visitors and guests.
- Responds to various inquiries from hospital staff and outside agencies involving policies, procedures, and past practices.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the ?education and/or requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience in performing administrative and clerical support function s within an office; using Microsoft Office Suites to manage calendars, schedule meetings and travel arrangements, as well as edit and prepare documents. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Education: A half year (i.e., 9 semester hours) of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as Business Administration.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 9. Add the two percentages.?
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Computer Skills
- Manages and Organizes Information
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (G?S-05).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Clearance is required.
- Immunization Screening is required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 Medical position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476314200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-07 to 2017-08-18
Salary: $36,611 to $47,598 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 6
Series: 0318 Secretary
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCFR171826984252
Control number: 476314200