Katmai Wood Worker in Fort Hood, Texas
The Woodworker constructs and repairs items from wood and wood substitutes, studies specifications; and measures, marks, and cuts boards, using patterns, templates, ruler, pencil, and hand and power saws. This worker fastens or installs parts, using hammer, nailing machine, or power staple, repairs defective containers by replacing damaged parts, inserts wood bracings, cardboard files, and felt pads in containers. A wood worker may build crate around object, using ruler, hand tools, and pneumatic nailer, may fabricate, repair, modify, and replace woodwork on vehicle sides and beds, apply preservative to prolong wood life, and may pack, seal, band, and apply markings to crates and containers
- Assists in performance of all aspects of the Central Issue Point operation, as required.
- Assists in operation of the Customer Service Counter in Building 56005.
- Assists in issuing to and receiving from training units, all target devices, targets, and range support items required to place a range into operation.
- Performs ground and facilities maintenance, as required.
- Assists in issuing to range complexes all required targets and range support materials, including plywood, lumber, nails, paint, target items and batteries.
- Assists or perform all aspects of wooden target fabrication.
- Assists in operation of bulk-storage warehouse (Building 56012) for storage of all targets, target devices, range support equipment, and range support materials processed through the Customer Service Counter.
- Assists in operation and maintenance of the Battery Shop (Building 56012).
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality control and quality assurance procedures used on Fort Hood ranges.
- Follows established procedures to ensure achievement of quality, safety, and security standards.
- Conserves Government utilities.
- Performs other duties as required, which may include: Accomplishing assigned tasks in closely related fields.
- Working at all field locations.
- Participating in formal training, on-the-job training, and cross-training activities.
- High school diploma desirable. Technical schooling preferred.
- Five years’ military or civilian work experience associated with wood working.
- Demonstrate competence through satisfactory progressive performance.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime compensation established by local SCA regulations, if applicable.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons. Seeing up close. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a warehouse setting as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Employee often exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week and occasional overtime, with prior supervisor approval, as required to maintain operations and support the mission.
*To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, *http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster:http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fae850f00b1b84447786ccd17214867984.pdf_
EEO Supplement Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa585f835735374d089a44ff899c84ccfb.pdf_
Pay Transparency Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_6f7d4fb6d8ce457a87d9f38f9cfe580f.pdf
Right to Work Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa84cb215622bf49b0ae03418b081847ad.pdf_
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facedd5daf5c5f433a8ac24f0e4829b91c.pdf_
E-Verify Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facf68148e2b2d4e9abcadd71c6cfd1364.pdf_
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36faa404b42bb4ff4cb5ba848ab1524fc761.pdf_
Job Location: US-TX-Fort Hood
Division: Katmai Support Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt