Katmai Personal Computer Support Technician in Fort Hood, Texas
The Personal Computer Support Technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
- Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations.
- Performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
- Installs and tests personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- Conserves Government utilities.
- Performs grounds and facilities maintenance, as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as requested.
- High school diploma and completion of an accredited technical school in information technology or equivalent military training.
- Three years’ military or civilian work experience.
- Knowledge of inspection, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of ground support equipment.
- Knowledge of military publications (including electronic manuals), drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work assignments.
- Individual must be able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Demonstrate competence through satisfactory progressive performance.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime compensation established by local SCA regulations, if applicable
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons. Seeing up close. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a warehouse setting as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Employee often exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week and occasional overtime, with prior supervisor approval, as required to maintain operations and support the mission.
*To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, *http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster:http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fae850f00b1b84447786ccd17214867984.pdf_
EEO Supplement Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa585f835735374d089a44ff899c84ccfb.pdf_
Pay Transparency Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_6f7d4fb6d8ce457a87d9f38f9cfe580f.pdf
Right to Work Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa84cb215622bf49b0ae03418b081847ad.pdf_
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facedd5daf5c5f433a8ac24f0e4829b91c.pdf_
E-Verify Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facf68148e2b2d4e9abcadd71c6cfd1364.pdf_
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36faa404b42bb4ff4cb5ba848ab1524fc761.pdf_
Job Location: US-TX-Fort Hood
Category: Computer/Information Technology
Division: Katmai Support Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt