Katmai Motor Vehicle Mechanic in Fort Hood, Texas
The Motor Vehicle Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, trucks or tractors. Work involves diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
- Performs all aspects of the Non-Targetry Maintenance Section, including the Vehicle Maintenance Shop and the Small Engine Maintenance Shop.
- Performs maintenance and service operations for assigned trucks, tractors, construction equipment, power generation equipment, and lawn- care equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting, diagnosis, and isolation of equipment malfunctions and cause(s) for malfunctions.
- Performs removal, installation, and replacement of equipment major assemblies and components such as engines, transmissions, transfers, axles, differentials, and auxiliary power units.
- Performs removal, installation, and replacement of electrical, hydraulic, fuel, air, steering, cooling, winching, and brake systems of equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of shop operations, TAMMS, licensing, bench/shop stock operations, Hazmat considerations, local purchase of parts and materials, filing system, welding/fabrication, recovery operations, equipment classification, tool management, and maintenance reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality control and quality assurance procedures used on Fort Hood ranges.
- Follows established procedures to ensure achievement of quality, safety, and security standards.
- Conserves Government utilities.
- Performs other duties as required, which may include:
- Accomplishing assigned tasks in closely related fields.
- Working at all field locations.
- Responding to changes in work schedules, overtime, and off-hour call-ins.
- Participating in formal training, on-the-job training, and cross-training activities.
- High school diploma desirable. Technical schooling preferred.
- Five years’ military or civilian work experience associated with maintenance of gasoline/diesel-powered vehicles and/or small engines.
- Demonstrate competence through satisfactory progressive performance.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime compensation established by local SCA regulations, if applicable.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons. Seeing up close. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a warehouse setting as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Employee often exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week and occasional overtime, with prior supervisor approval, as required to maintain operations and support the mission.
*To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, *http://www.katmaicorp.com/main-career
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster:http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fae850f00b1b84447786ccd17214867984.pdf_
EEO Supplement Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa585f835735374d089a44ff899c84ccfb.pdf_
Pay Transparency Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa_6f7d4fb6d8ce457a87d9f38f9cfe580f.pdf
Right to Work Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36fa84cb215622bf49b0ae03418b081847ad.pdf_
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facedd5daf5c5f433a8ac24f0e4829b91c.pdf_
E-Verify Poster: http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36facf68148e2b2d4e9abcadd71c6cfd1364.pdf_
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): http://media.wix.com/ugd/4c36faa404b42bb4ff4cb5ba848ab1524fc761.pdf_
Job Location: US-TX-Fort Hood
Division: Katmai Support Services
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt