Naval Medical Command MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT in Few vacancies Corpus Christi, Texas
About the Agency
The selectee for this position will serve as a MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OA) in the Industrial Hygiene Department of NAVHOSP CORPUS CHRISTI.
- The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Receives calls, greets visitors and directs them to appropriate staff members.
- Directs incoming correspondence, publications, medical or industrial hygiene records, regulations and directives.
- Maintains industrial hygiene and occupational medicine files and records.
- Performs civilian timekeeping for all departmental civilians and ensure timely submission of all associated timekeeping records.
- Performs directorate supply functions and equipment management.
- Not Required
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- See Other Information and Requirements section for additional requirements.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector OR possess 4 years above high school. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Utilizing complex computer based health/hygiene systems/networks/databases to enter, retrieve, delete/modify data (i.e. IHIMS, CHCS, DOEHRS, DMLSS or similar systems);
- Receiving visitors/telephone calls, determining the nature of requests and providing information or directing visitors/callers to appropriate staff;
- Performing Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Medicine supply functions using DMLSS or similar systems to maintain adequate supply of expendable industrial hygiene sampling media and Occupational Health medical supplies;
- Maintaining Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Medicine equipment databases to ensure accuracy of inventories and calibration schedules; and
- Performing various clerical and administrative duties utilizing word processing applications, typewriters, office equipment, etc…
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying.
Must be a qualified typist (type at least 40 WPM). Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
What To Expect Next
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements for which you requested consideration. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your level of knowledge, skill, and ability related to the job requirements.
Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
Stay informed of changes to your application status by signing up for automatic email alerts at https://www.usajobs.gov/Applicant/Application/ListApplications.
Review our benefits
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information, review the USAJOBS Resource Center
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472458300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $32,844.00 to $42,702.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0679-5/5
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472458300
Job Announcement Number: DE-10017275-17-TG