University of North Texas - Dallas Project Coordinator - Part Time in Dallas, Texas
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Project Coordinator – Part Time.
The University – the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city – seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
The responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will be to work with the Co-Principal Investigator’s (Co-PI’s) to carry through all the goals of the Wipro Science Education Fellowship at UNT Dallas grant. The Project Coordinator will assist in project management and coordination as assigned by Co-PI’s and also provide administrative support.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Works as a chief correspondent between the university and the project partners. Communicates with the partner school districts and informal science sites regularly and organizes partner meetings.
- Works with the Graduate School to coordinate recruitment efforts.
- Monitors the fulfillment of the requirements for receiving stipend from the grant such as GPA maintenance, continued enrollment in university courses.
- Oversees grant budget. Works with the Co-PIs to complete all required online and hard copy forms needed to pay for purchases, consultants, local and other travel, participant stipends, and other expenses incurred by the grant. Uses all university-required online programs to manage the budget.
- Contributes to the combined Annual Performance/Complete Data Report submitted annually as well as reports to be submitted to Wipro and UMass… Works with the PI , the Co-PI and the external evaluator to collect data, and write assigned portions of the report.
- Ensures that all records, files and reports (eg. employee payment action (EPA) forms; scholarship agreement and payment authorizations; travel approvals and reimbursements; meeting agendas, sign-ins, minutes and evaluations; surveys administered to project participants) are properly maintained in both hardcopy and electronic format.
- Organizes and documents regular meetings of the project staff. Follows up with individuals on responsibilities assigned during the meetings.
- Represents the grant at departmental and college meetings as well as at other intra-university meetings as directed by the Co PIs.
- May act in place of a Co-PI on official business and may be responsible for professional communication either in writing, or in person, at partner meeting.
- Attends university, regional, state and national conferences and events such as teacher fairs.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in education-related discipline, business, marketing, interdisciplinary studies or related field; and two years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of (or ability to rapidly assimilate and retain) University operating procedures, organization and policies.
- Knowledge of business principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of electronic information systems and accounting systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to keep complex records; assemble and organize data of complex nature, and prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and writing.
- Ability to act with considerable initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge or safeworking procedures and security measures related to work performed and work supervised.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Education or other related field and 5 year of experience.
- Experience in PK-12 science classroom.
- Familiarity with UNT Dallas policies and procedures strongly preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and conduct multiple tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Experience working with higher education personnel.
- Knowledge of higher education trends, issues, and challenges in Texas.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Requisition Number: STA - 201000000534
Job Title: Project Coordinator - Part Time
Driving University Vehicle?: No
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Substitution of Experience/Education: Yes