BH Management Services Inc. Property Manager - Carrollton, TX Area in Carrollton, Texas
PROPERTY MANAGER - CARROLLTON, TX AREA
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
Come join our growing community of professional Property Managers!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Property Management and desires the opportunity to expand their Management skills with our growing company. As a Property Manager you would have a vital role in the success of your property. You would be responsible for the financial, administrative and maintenance operations of the community.
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer.
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Increase occupancy and lease apartments, while overseeing all onsite staff and activities.
- Ensures all budgeting guidelines are followed consistently.
- Prepares related weekly/monthly reports to include, but not limited to: petty cash variance, leasing, renewal, financial, market and bi-weekly payroll.
- Evaluates financial performance and seasonal trends to identify and implement solutions.
- Monitors resident satisfaction in person or through follow-up calls to ensure a positive living experience.
- Daily communication and collaboration with staff, regional managers and others as needed.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the property, community and competitors.
- Builds and maintains a team that will work toward property’s community goals together.
- Motivates, directs and evaluates employees and all related personnel issues. (Motivates, directs and evaluates all personnel and employee related issues.)
- Physically walks and inspects community on a daily basis to address issues and to ensure property meets BH standards.
- Oversees and directs all administrative duties in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for training; may be asked to travel for acquisitions or other company business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management preferred
- A minimum of three to five years Property Manager experience preferred
- Strong background in Accounting/Finance with proven skills (Strong background and proven skills in Accounting/Finance.)
- CAM/Licensed Property Manager preferred
- Ability to travel via automobile and airplane for company required training/business
- A valid driver’s license may be required
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- MS Office Word/Excel experience preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to exceed in a very competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
*Temperature/Climate: *This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
Safety Considerations: This position may operate company vehicles or office type equipment. May have exposure to a variety of physical building conditions during maintenance and/or rehabilitation projects.
Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, push/pull, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, technological equipment, tools, or controls.
*Visual/Hearing Capabilities: *The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday schedule with rotating weekends; (hours may vary to meet the business needs of the property)
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Carrollton, TX Area
Job Code: Property Manager
# of openings: 1