Terracon Senior Facilities Professional (part time) in Austin, Texas
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
General Responsibilities: Diagnose and develop repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings and other infrastructure. Projects range from cursory property condition assessments to detailed evaluations of structural systems, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, MEP systems, pavements, industrial floors, and construction materials. Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to development of restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Senior level Facilities professional who acts as a resource and specialist.
- Manages, leads or consults on large, complex or unique projects.
- Capable of analyzing all technical aspects of subject area, defining scope and selecting problems for investigation, developing novel concepts and approaches, and recommending solutions.
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies and formal presentations of qualifications to clients on various projects in area of expertise.
- Identifies potential clients in need of consulting expertise and sells the services of the company to those clients.
- Provides leadership, technical direction/expertise, and training to all staff under direction while performing on client projects.
- Holds leadership roles in national/international professional organizations, including authoring technical papers and delivery of presentations.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science or related building field and 10+ years’ experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), and at least one other relevant certification (RBEC, BECxP, LEED AP)
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Auto req ID: 7900BR
Posting Title: Senior Facilities Professional (part time)
Service Line: Facilities
No. of Positions: 1
Employment Type: Part Time, Less than 30 hrs/wk
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Required: 10 Years or more
City State: Austin, TX